Indiana Car Accident Attorney
Put More Than a Century of Collective Experience to Work for You
For many fortunate motorists, a car crash is little more than an annoyance and a hit to the checkbook. But for a significant number of drivers, passengers and pedestrians, car crashes inflict severe injuries and even wrongful death.
Crown Point is unfortunately in the middle of a troubling car accident trend. From 2009 to 2014, our city experienced a higher number of vehicles involved in fatal accidents on average than other Indiana cities. In 2010, 2013, and 2014, our city had a fatal accident count higher than statewide averages—with almost double the state average for fatal accidents involving drunk drivers. For example, the average number of fatal accidents involving drunk drivers was 4.7 Indiana-wide in 2010, but it was 11 in Crown Point. Negligent drivers need to be held accountable to the law—and their victims.
At Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, P.C., we pursue your legal claim aggressively so that you can concentrate on putting your life back in order. For more than 30 years, we have delivered candid advice and knowledgeable representation. We focus all of our firm’s resources on helping victims obtain full compensation either through a negotiated settlement or a trial. Due to our client-oriented service, we have been awarded the 2016 10 Best Client Satisfaction Rating from the American Institute of Legal Counsel. Our clients greatly benefit from the personal attention and more than a century of shared experience that we bring to each case.
Let us help guide you through your legal circumstances! Contact Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, P.C. today for a free case evaluation.
Common Types of Car Crashes
Whether due to distracted drivers or other factors, auto crashes have been occurring more frequently in Indiana. In 2014, there were more than 205,000 serious traffic collisions in the state, a 6 percent increase from the previous year. According to the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute, the economic costs of motor vehicle collisions in Indiana in 2014 approached $3.8 billion.
We have specific experience with common types of accidents such as:
- Blind-spot collisions: High speeds on highways can prompt devastating crashes when someone makes an unsafe lane change.
- Rollovers: Sport utility vehicles are susceptible to rolling over even when an impact is not especially severe, leading to serious risk of head and neck injuries.
- Rear-end collisions: Inattention, particularly in this age of smartphones, often prevents drivers from timely braking.
- T-bone crashes: Drivers and passengers are especially vulnerable in side-impact collisions that frequently occur at intersections.
Auto insurance companies work hard to defend against claims and minimize payouts. In a claim for personal injury or wrongful death, our attorneys will investigate the cause of the car crash and present the strongest argument possible to hold the driver who hit you accountable.
Indiana Car Accident Statistics
It is clear from statistics that driver negligence contributes greatly to auto crashes on both small roads and major highways like Interstates 65, 94 and 80.
Two leading contributing factors are excessive speed and alcohol consumption:
- Across Indiana in 2014, 24,810 crashes were speed-related, a 33 percent jump over the prior year. This represented 12 percent of all vehicle collisions on Indiana roads.
- More than a quarter of fatal collisions resulted from excessive speed.
- In 2014, 101 people died in accidents involving a driver legally impaired by alcohol (blood alcohol content at or above 0.08 percent).
- According to some metrics, Indiana had the highest rate of teen driving deaths in 2014.
- Younger drivers, perhaps because they’re less skilled and more susceptible to distractions, have the highest rate of accident involvement. In 2014, drivers in the 15- to 20-year-old age group had 1,178 accidents per 10,000 licensed drivers.
Although statistics are useful in confirming what we intuitively understand — that careless behavior leads to deadly accidents — the last thing you want if you are injured is to be treated like a statistic. At Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, P.C., we are fully engaged with you throughout the legal process. You can trust us to take your calls, answer your questions and keep you updated every step of the way.
Fight for the compensation you are owed with experienced, the passionate
injury attorneys from Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, P.C. Call
(219) 488-2775! We accept after-hours calls.