George S. Ivancevich
- Personal Injury Law
- Mediations & Arbitrations
- Family Law
- Estate, Wills & Trust Planning
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate & Construction Law
- Business & Development Law
Attorney George Ivancevich served as a Magistrate Judge in the Lake County Circuit Court, presiding over general civil matters in addition to family court and was also appointed probate commissioner overseeing various estate matters. Since leaving the bench in 2005, Attorney Ivancevich continued to expound on the knowledge obtained while Magistrate and expand his practice into various areas of law. From criminal law matters, to dissolutions and custody issues, to personal injury law, employment law and complex estate law matters, Attorney Ivancevich is uniquely situated to serve his client’s needs in any matter needed.
Attorney Ivancevich is often selected by his peers to serve as mediator over complex cases, in addition to being selected and appointed by the judiciary as guardian ad litem. Because of his abilities to remain impartial over highly contentious and often emotion driven disputes, Attorney Ivancevich was appointed “special master” over a a multimillion dollar estate dispute which required he monitor the status of the estate, and approve various decisions made amongst family members and presenting status reports to the judiciary.
Even with the accolades he’s acquired in the legal community, Attorney Ivancevich strongly believes in the philosophy that being a lawyer is his career but it does not define his life. He is an advocate for having work/life balance and makes a point to spend time with his family and friends, and also services as a board member at his church.
- Illinois, 1985
- Indiana, 1985
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1985
- The Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 1985
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Served as a Probate Commissioner in the Circuit Court of Lake County and Magistrate in the Civil and Family Court Division, Circuit Court of Lake County, Indiana, 1997 and 2005
- Appointed by the Governor to serve on the Indiana Probate Study Committee, 1998
- Continuing Education lecturer at ICLEF approved seminars
- Served as Former Master of the Calumet Chapter, American Inns of Court
- John Marshall School of Law, 1983, J.D.
- Indiana University, PoliticalScience, 1977, B.A.
George Ivancevich's Reviews
Real Estate & Business Law, AVVO.com
I’ve retained several attorneys in the past for multiple issues. I retained Attorny George for my divorce and ended up hiring him to handle my real estate and personal business issues. Outstanding representation!
He helped me through some very difficult times and made the process much easier. He is the best in the area and is very prompt with getting back to you.
Divorce & Family Law, AVVO.com
He handled my divorce and custody matter. Very professesional and well known in Lake County, IN. He was the former magistrate in family division. Excellent!