{{ }}
Go to main navigation
51 W 112th Ave | Crown PointIN, 46307
855.442.7211 219.769.2900


Whether you are looking to obtain a copy of your crash report for your own personal records or you wish to review the information it contains to ensure it is accurate so that you aren’t being held responsible for the wreck, there is a way for you to request a copy. The Indiana State Police is responsible for maintaining all crash reports for the state and offers an easy and convenient way to get a copy of your accident report. For a small fee, you can request a copy of an electronic crash report by visiting www.BuyCrash.com.

When you visit the website to obtain your copy, some of the information you will need to input includes:

  • The state where the accident occurred. BuyCrash.com provides crash reports for accidents that have occurred all around the U.S. so you will need to indicate the state in which the collision occurred.
  • Your report number.
  • Your name.
  • The date of the accident.
  • The agency that came out to write up the crash report.

What should I do if the accident report isn’t accurate or is missing information?

Although you would think that the officer responsible for writing up the accident report included all of the necessary information, there are times when they fail to disclose certain details. For example, they may have left out a witness statement that helped prove the other driver was at fault or failed to even recognize the other motorist who hit you for causing the crash. If this happens, you can contact the agency directly and explain to the officer that an error was made in the report. While some may be able to go back and review their body cam or dash cam footage to either confirm or deny your claims, others may not which leaves you stuck filing your car crash claim with your insurer.

Not only would you be subjected to satisfying your deductible so that your insurer will reimburse for the remaining damage, but they could even threaten to cancel your policy. This is one of many reasons why car crash victims are always encouraged to contact a Gary, IN car accident attorney following a wreck. Unfortunately, instances such as the one described above occur all too frequently and many individuals are forced to pay out of pocket for damages and even injuries they sustained. However, when you have an experienced IN car accident lawyer working on your side who can ensure the at-fault driver is held liable, you stand a better chance at actually getting your insurance claim paid and not having to pay for your damages out of your own hard-earned money.

With that said, if you were recently involved in a car accident in Gary or Hammond, Indiana you are encouraged to contact Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC so that our accident lawyers can assess your case and ensure it is being handled properly. Whether a mistake was made in your crash report or not, our qualified lawyers will be sure to help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation your accident permits you to collect. Call us today at 219-769-2900 to schedule an initial consultation and learn more about our firm and what makes us the best to represent you.

 You can also visit Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC at:

51 W. 112th Avenue

Crown Point, IN 46307


Toll Free-855-442-7211

Fax- 219-769-2995

Website: www.marshallslaw.com



  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.