Indiana Car Accident Attorneys Represent Victims Throughout the State
Experienced trial lawyers pursue full compensation after harmful crashes
For many fortunate motorists, a car accident is little more than an annoyance and a hit to the checkbook. But for a significant number of drivers, passengers and pedestrians, car crashes inflict severe injuries and even wrongful death. At Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC, our attorneys pursue your legal claim aggressively so that you can concentrate on putting your life back in order. For more than 30 years, we have delivered candid advice and knowledgeable representation. We focus all of our firm’s resources on helping Indiana car accident victims obtain full compensation either through a negotiated settlement or a trial.
Skilled counsel to keep up with the increasing danger on Indiana roads
Whether due to distracted drivers, lower gas prices or other factors, auto accidents have been occurring more frequently in Indiana. In 2014, there were more than 205,000 serious traffic collisions in the state, a 6 percent increase from the previous year. According to the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute, the economic costs of motor vehicle collisions in Indiana in 2014 approached $3.8 billion. We have specific experience with common types of accidents such as:
- Blind-spot collisions — High speeds on highways can prompt devastating crashes when someone makes an unsafe lane change.
- Rollovers — Sport utility vehicles are susceptible to rolling over even when an impact is not especially severe, leading to serious risk of head and neck injuries.
- Rear-end collisions — Inattention, particularly in this age of smartphones, often prevents drivers from timely braking.
- T-bone crashes — Drivers and passengers are especially vulnerable in side-impact collisions that frequently occur at intersections.
Auto insurance companies work hard to defend against claims and minimize payouts. In a claim for personal injury or wrongful death, our attorneys will present the strongest argument possible to hold the driver who hit you accountable.
Lawyers with detailed knowledge of the causes and consequences of crashes
It is clear from statistics that driver negligence contributes greatly to auto accidents on both small roads and major highways like Interstates 65, 70 and 74. Two leading contributing factors are excessive speed and alcohol consumption:
- Across Indiana in 2014, 24,810 accidents were speed-related, a 33 percent jump over the prior year. This represented 12 percent of all vehicle collisions on Indiana roads.
- More than a quarter of fatal collisions resulted from excessive speed.
- In 2014, 101 people died in accidents involving a driver legally impaired by alcohol (blood alcohol content at or above 0.08 percent).
- According to some metrics, Indiana had the highest rate of teen driving deaths in 2014.
- Younger drivers, perhaps because they’re less skilled and more susceptible to distractions, have the highest rate of accident involvement. In 2014, drivers in the 15- to 20-year-old age group had 1,178 accidents per 10,000 licensed drivers.
Although statistics are useful in confirming what we intuitively understand — that careless behavior leads to deadly accidents — the last thing you want if you are injured is to be treated like a statistic. At Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, we are fully engaged with you throughout the legal process. You can trust us to take your calls, answer your questions and keep you updated every step of the way.
Contact our Indiana car accident lawyers for your injury or wrongful death claim
Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC provides trustworthy representation for all types of injury matters including those involving car accidents. To schedule a free initial consultation and case evaluation at our Crown Point office, please call 219.769.2900 or contact us online.