Accomplished Indiana Truck Accident Lawyers Assist Injured Victims
Helping you recover full compensation for claims arising out of crashes
If you’re in the path of a jackknifed tractor-trailer, the results can be devastating. Fighting powerful insurance companies for the compensation you’re entitled to can make a bad situation even worse. That’s why, for more than 30 years, Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC has stood up for the people of Indiana injured in truck accidents, working diligently to assert their rights. We provide personalized service that addresses your immediate and long-term needs as you work to recover your health and lifestyle.
Handling a wide variety of commercial vehicle cases throughout Indiana
In a crash, the size mismatch between trucks and other vehicles often results in serious orthopedic injuries, brain damage or even death. With so much at stake, you need an attorney with specific truck accident experience who knows what it takes to prove negligence on the part of drivers or truck companies. Our Crown Point vehicle accident attorneys have successfully settled and tried cases arising from a number of different collision scenarios:
- Blind-spot collision — Long trucks have lengthy blind spots. Passenger car drivers have got to be aware that if they cannot see the truck’s side-view mirror, the truck driver cannot see them. Motorists who squat in a truck’s blind spot, especially when the turn signals start flashing, are inviting tragedy.
- Jackknife — The sudden braking of a truck tractor can cause the trailer to flare out to the side so that the rig bends, one end closing on the other, like a pocket knife.
- Rollover — In high winds, and especially on tight turns, a poorly loaded truck that does not have sufficient balance can tip over, crushing vehicles alongside it and blocking adjacent lanes.
- Rear-end collision — The majority of two-vehicle truck accidents that occur are rear-end accidents. The most severe of these involve a car so low to the ground that its front end passes under the rear of the trailer.
- Wide-turn collision — Big-rigs need more than one lane to turn safely. Passengers cars that attempt to pass while a truck is turning can easily be crushed.
- Tire blowout — A blown tire can make the rig nearly impossible to control, while the massive tire presents a hazard to other vehicles.
- T-bone — A side-impact accident is potentially deadly, especially if a car passes below the undercarriage of a truck. Bumpers and crumple zones are useless, so the top of the cabin can be easily crushed.
- Lost load — When a load is not secure, there’s a real danger that flying debris might impact another vehicle.
- Toxic exposure — Trucks carrying caustic chemicals pose a secondary danger after a collision: release of the chemicals can be deadly to anyone in close vicinity.
In 2014, accidents like these increased by 22 percent statewide. At Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, we want you to have the peace of mind that comes when you know your attorney is fully engaged and cares about your outcome. That’s why we are in frequent contact with you throughout the entire legal process.
Get committed legal assistance in Indiana for your truck accident case
The experienced attorneys at Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC know how to manage truck accident litigation, and we do it without upfront costs to you. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay after we obtain compensation through a settlement or verdict. To schedule a free initial consultation and case evaluation at our Crown Point office, please call 219.769.2900 or contact us online.