{{ }}
Go to main navigation
51 W 112th Ave | Crown PointIN, 46307
855.442.7211 219.769.2900
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist


Attorneys Hold Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Accountable in Indiana

Seeking full compensation when negligent drivers have insufficient coverage

You've been seriously injured in an accident, and your new car is totaled. Then comes the next piece of bad news: The driver who hit you is uninsured. How will you be compensated? Will your own policy cover your medical bills? What about your lost earnings and your pain and suffering? This scenario is not farfetched; the Insurance Research Council estimates that 14 percent of drivers are uninsured. Many more are only carrying the statutory minimum, amounts too small to make a dent in your bills. Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC understands this dilemma. For more than 30 years, we've helped people in your position receive the compensation to which they're entitled.

What are the statutory minimum amounts for auto insurance in Indiana?

Every state requires drivers to carry liability insurance to cover motor vehicle accidents. In Indiana, a driver must have at least the following coverage:

  • $25,000 for bodily injury or death for one individual.
  • $50,000 for bodily injury or death for two or more individuals in any one accident.
  • $10,000 for damage or destruction of property in one accident.

These amounts are inadequate for serious injury to one or more persons and the totaling of a decent late-model car. To get additional compensation, you may have to sue to attach the driver's financial assets or real property. But in most cases, the reason a driver is underinsured or uninsured is because that driver does not have a lot of money. Going after the person could be a dead end.

Filing a claim on your uninsured motorist coverage

If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, your next option is to file with your own insurance company. That coverage entitles you to full compensation for your losses, including medical bills, property loss, lost income, physical pain and emotional suffering. Unfortunately, it could put you in the unenviable position of having to sue your own insurance company. You should be prepared for that. Don't think that because you have an ongoing relationship with your insurance broker, the insurance adjuster is going to give you the company's best offer right off the bat. Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC can provide the experienced representation you need for an effective settlement.

Trust our knowledgeable Indiana accident attorneys for your uninsured motorist claim

If you've been hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, Marshall P. Whalley & Associates explores every avenue available to help you get full compensation. For a free consultation and case evaluation, call 219.769.2900 or contact our Crown Point office online.



  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.