{{ }}
Go to main navigation
51 W 112th Ave | Crown PointIN, 46307
855.442.7211 219.769.2900


Whether you were walking on the sidewalk and a driver accidentally backed up into you or you were riding your bike and a motorist sideswiped you with their vehicle, while you may have felt fine at the scene of the accident, you may have noticed some pain in certain areas a day or so after. While some accident victims feel pain immediately upon impact, others who are involved in less severe accidents sometimes don’t experience any symptoms of an injury until a few hours have passed or a day goes by.

What if I told the police officer that I didn’t think I suffered an injury?

Although you may have informed the officer that you didn’t feel as though you suffered an injury at the scene of the accident, the fact is, there are some injuries that have delayed symptoms. For example, whiplash is one type of injury where symptoms often don’t show up right away. According to WebMD, “symptoms of whiplash may be delayed for 24 hours or more after the initial trauma.” Those symptoms, whether they are delayed or not, include:

  • Neck and pain stiffness
  • Headaches
  • Shoulder pain or pain in between the shoulder blades
  • Lower back pain
  • Dizziness
  • Difficulty concentrating or remembering
  • Irritability

Now, regardless of the type of pain you are feeling, even if you think it is minor, you should allow a physician to assess your condition. This way, you find out if you did, in fact, suffer any injuries and can begin taking the necessary steps toward recovering from them. Not only will this visit with the doctor allow you to better understand how the accident has impacted your body, but the visit itself will serve as your proof that the auto crash resulted in you suffering.

Should I contact the insurance company?

After seeking medical treatment, you may wish to contact the insurance company of the at-fault driver to report your injuries. The adjuster who has been assigned to handle the claim should document the information you provided them with and he or she should explain what the driver’s policy will cover so you know if your injuries will be compensated. Now, you are urged to contact Gary, IN car accident attorney Marshall P. Whalley before making any phone calls as he can provide you with the most accurate information. For example, our firm will estimate what your injuries are worth and how much you should actually receive for them while the adjuster will likely provide you with an amount that is lower than what you should be getting paid.

Unfortunately, auto insurance companies don’t always provide claimants with the amount of compensation they are rightfully due and can make recovering the money you should receive even harder for those who come back after the incident to report their injuries. So, if you would like to speak with an IN car accident lawyer regarding the recent incident you were involved in and learn more about what your rights are as a victim, contact Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC at 219-769-2900.


Marshall P. Whalley & Associates, PC is located at:


51 W. 112th Avenue

Crown Point, IN 46307


Toll Free-855-442-7211

Fax- 219-769-2995

Website: www.marshallslaw.com




  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.