{{ }}
Go to main navigation
51 W 112th Ave | Crown PointIN, 46307
855.442.7211 219.769.2900


Wrongful Death Lawyers for Gary, Indiana

If a person’s intentional or negligent actions resulted in the death of a loved one, you or your family may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. There are several situations where a family may be able to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. One situation is where a person is intentionally killed. For instance, in a case where a person might face murder or manslaughter charges, the family of the deceased may also have the right to bring forth a wrongful death lawsuit. If a person dies due to medical malpractice, the family may also be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. For example, if a doctor makes a mistake during a surgical procedure, or if a nurse administers a dose of medicine that results in an overdose, this could result in a wrongful death claim. Another situation where a family may be able to bring forth a wrongful death claim is where a person dies due to a car crash, a slip and fall, or due to another injury. The family may be able to bring a wrongful death claim. If a person dies while at work due to exposure to toxic substances or due to exposure to hazardous conditions, the family may also be able to bring a wrongful death claim.

Nothing can bring back a loved one who has been lost. Your family might be suffering from immense grief, but may also be struggling to make ends meet and pay bills, if you have lost your family’s primary breadwinner, or if you are struggling to pay medical bills from a loved one’s recent injury and death, you and your family might be entitled to seek damages for your losses. The law provides families the ability to make wrongful death claims following the loss of a loved one due to neglect or intentional acts. Marshall P. Whalley & Associates is a firm experienced in wrongful death claims and is available to help residents of Gary, Indiana to assist you and your family with your case.

Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Gary, Indiana? 

In Indiana, the estate of a deceased person may be able to file a wrongful death claim if another person or party’s intentional or neglectful actions resulted in the deceased person’s death. Damages for wrongful death claims can be awarded to a victim’s spouse, children, or to other dependents. If you have lost a loved one due to another person or party’s actions, you may be entitled to seek damages for funeral and burial costs and damages for medical attention provided to a victim before he or she died. Your family may also be entitled to seek damages for lost wages, earnings, and benefits your loved one may have been able to enjoy had he or she survived. Some damages may not always be easily quantifiable. For example, if your loved one cared for your children or for another family member and now your family doesn’t have this primary caretaker, your family might find itself facing the prospect of needing to hire individuals to provide childcare or may be facing the prospect of having to put a loved one in a nursing home who previously received care from your family member. These changes can leave families facing real costs and losses. While these costs and losses may be tougher to calculate than the cost and losses stemming from medical bills and lost wages, it is important to consider non-tangible losses as well as tangible losses. Finally, if your family needs counseling or psychological services due to the loss of a loved one, you may also be able to seek damages for these losses. If you have lost a loved one in Gary, Indiana, you and your family may be struggling with immense grief. You are not alone. The lawyers at Marshall P. Whalley & Associates have been doing Wrongful death claims for over 35 years and may be able to assist you with your claim. Our attorneys can review the circumstances surrounding the loss of your loved one, can investigate your case, and can assist you with seeking the claim you may deserve under the law. Have questions? Reach out to our office today.

Seek Justice for Your Family Today

The death of a loved one due to a car accident, medical mistake or medical malpractice, DUI, reckless driving, or other intentional or criminal action can be devastating. The unexpected loss of a family member can be incredibly destructive, not only emotionally, but financially. In the wake of the loss, families might struggle to make ends meet, to pay medical bills, and to attend to loved ones who survived. If someone you love passed away due to the neglectful actions of another person or party, your family may have the right to seek damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. Individuals like children, parents, and other dependents may have the right to seek damages for medical bills incurred before a loved one passed away, to cover lost wages the family experiences due to losing the family’s primary breadwinner, and to cover funeral and burial expenses. Marshall P. Whalley & Associates has years of experience and can review your family’s claim and assist you with the next steps. You only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to our firm today to learn more.




  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.